Can you think of a time where you felt really on edge?
Maybe it is that time when traffic was so slow that caused you to be late at your appointment? Or are you thinking about that time at work, where you were asked to make some last minute changes to a presentation, but the computer slowed down and you missed an important deadline?
Or are you remembering that time on the bus, when that child was constantly screaming for some attention.
Maybe your life is about too much to do but not enough time?
I’m sure you know exactly what kind of situations I mean!
How do those situations make you feel? Angry, impatient, fearful, irritated, worried or stressed?
What did do? Do you blame? Or do you take responsibility for your own actions?
Were you late because the traffic was bad or didn’t you give yourself enough time to get there? Did the computer slowed down because it’s not a powerful one or did you try to do too much in one go?
Frantic thinking, restless thoughts, impatience, fears and worries etc. cause lack of inner peace, lack of concentration and the inability to think clearly. This leads to making errors, confusion and the inability to make decisions and to failure.
If you want to achieve more in life, you must know how to calm your mind, so that you stay focused and think clearly.
- Spend time doing what you love – Find some time each day to do something you love doing.
- Meditate – Even a couple of minutes a day does help, just do it regularly.
- Feel comfortable spending time on your own – Take some time to reflect – even a couple of minutes a day will help you!
- Go for a walk and enjoy your surroundings – Watching a sunset, enjoy a walk along the sea front is all very calming. Being around nature is very calming.
- Deep breathing exercises – Take a moment to take a few deep breaths in when feeling on edge.
- Use positive affirmations – Your words affect your subconscious mind, your behaviour and how think and feel
- Exercise – Exercising your body improves your health and mental attitude, making you more positive, focused and relaxed
All of the above are simple tricks to calm your mind during those situations that make you feel on edge. The best thing is that they don’t cost any money! Give them a go and see for yourself how beneficial they can be!
Openmindz is a Brighton based hypnotherapy and well-being consultancy for all your personal needs.
If you have any questions related to this article or curious to know more about hypnosis and how it could help you making a change, contact me via the contact page page or sent me an email on email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from you.