Today is my first day being self-employed!
Although this change has been very carefully planned and mapped out, I must admit that it is still rather scary.
Will it all work out the way I would like it to happen?
Will I stay motivated or am I tempted to turn on the T.V and slouch in front of it.
Will I be able to cope with the shift in my comfort zone?
For over 16 years I worked from 9 – 5 so I am tasked in creating a complete new routine.
I suppose this time of year it is perfect to make changes.
We all want change at the beginning of a new year, starting the year fresh with all the best intentions for ourselves?
Somehow it never seems to work out that way does it?
Why is it when we create our New Year’s resolutions list in January it seems to all goes wrong?
Let me give you a couple of examples that lead into the ‘false hope syndrome’ – The unrealistic expectation of self-help
- Too many goals are set.
- The goals set are unrealistic and unachievable.
- We don’t really understand our own behaviour.
- Not enough thought and planning went into preparing the “wish-list”
What can you do to achieve maximum results?
- Only work on a few goals. In this case less IS more!
- Keep your goals SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound)
- It will take 21 days to change a habit.
- We don’t know the reasons for the bad behaviour and therefore only deal with the symptoms rather than the core issues.
Don’t do it alone – Seek support!
Wanting to make a change should not only be a New Year’s thing. You can do it at any time, start at any given moment when you are ready!
Take your time to plan, prepare and execute.
We are not failures when it will not work the first time. Just don’t give up but seek assistance and support to make it easier.
If you would like to talk to me about anything mentioned in my blog or wish to recieve further information on the tools and techniques we provide such as hypnotherapy and how that may benefit your life related to your goal setting and maximise success please contact me via the website or give me a call.
I would be very happy assisting and supporting you!
OpenMindz is a Brighton based hypnotherapy and well-being consultancy.
With my very best wishes