Happy New Year to all of you!
People all over the world are using the New Year to make a fresh start. It is that time of year where many of us are creating unique New Year resolutions! We want to stop smoking, exercise more, manage our weight better and spend more time at home with the family. We promise ourselves we will be reducing stress levels and at the next performance review we will demand a well-deserved pay rise. We want to start a new hobby, pay off debt and feel free of worries.
All those exciting resolutions are put in place to make us feel healthier, happier and wealthier and so on. It is that time of year, where for once, we take a good look at our lives and decide on what needs changing.
Unfortunately the reality is that around 80% of the people who set New Year resolutions fall of the wagon within 15 days of starting. It is a real shame, especially when you realize that it takes around 21 days to change a habit. That actually means that the majority of the hard work was already done. Rather than being persistent and stay motivated in achieving our goals, we give up as we are approaching the finishing line. And rather than celebrating success, the first couple of months of the New Year are spent repairing the damage to our self-esteem, motivation and confidence etc. And those good intentions?……. Well those have been shelved until the next New Year…
Luckily it does not have to be like that at all. Make 2012 a year of positive changes and success! We don’t have to reflect and make changes to our lives, only at the beginning of the year. This can be done at any stage, at any time. Planning is key to success – Too many New Year resolutions are not well thought of. Maybe it is a spur of the moment decision, as we feel we ought to do something positive to start the New Year. Take time to plan, map progress and measure success – make it a real life project that last a life time.
Here is how you can do that:
- Set clear goals – Break them down into smaller goals to make them more achievable.
- Write goals down – Write the goals down and the reasons why.
- Commit to your goals – Remind yourself regularly to why you want to achieve your goal.
- Not overdo it – One step (goal) at the time.
- Make it enjoyable – Celebrate success regularly.
- Involve someone – Work with others, we don’t like to let others down.
- Stop procrastination- Sit down for 10 minutes and regain focus!
- Think positive-You can do it! See, feel, hear yourself in that positive outcome!
- Deal with missteps –Missteps are not failures – learn from them and move on.
- Maintain progress –Understand and evaluate progress.
It can be difficult to achieve success on your own. OpenMindz is about providing people with tools and techniques such as hypnotherapy to create success. We have a huge variety of ways of delivering those tools and techniques.
- Try one of our workshops on goal setting or motivation for example.
- Or join us at the MindzWork personal development group
Whatever it is you are looking for we at OpenMindz are able to help you create success!! There affordable solutions to 1-2-1 appointments, so there is no reason to make up excuses and delay any longer.
We are a Brighton based hypnotherapy and well-being consultancy for all your personal needs.
I wish you a very successful and healthy 2012 with lots of positive changes!